Friday, March 28, 2008

Welcome New Reader(s)

It's a little weird for me now that my tiny blog now has an (equally tiny) readership. For the first two months I was posting here, there wasn't another soul on the planet that was aware of its existence. It was just basically a personal journal that happened to be posted online instead of just saved to my computer.

Now Doug stops by regularly, and Rachel reads every once and a while. Craig and Scott have stopped by as well. I even posted the link to my site at the socaltrailriders site, which may drive a few more people here as well.

In any event, the site is still going to be pretty much my personal online journal, and if people read it and are interested, great. I don't intend to change the way I write or censor my musings because of what people who read it are going to think of me. I've been pretty transparent about myself thus far, and will continue to be so.

I bring this up because I've done a few more group rides recently, and will likely be doing more. So when I post my reviews, people who rode with me and then read my posts won't have only my perspective on the ride, but their own as well. Which changes the dynamic a little.

This is probably a pointless post, but I felt obligated to articulate that my reason for keeping this blog is to record my thoughts, and impressions of my rides to go back and read later, and not for any other purpose. I do hope that those who end up here enjoy reading what I write, and welcome your thoughts and comments.

1 comment:

DougSully said...

Hey James,
I couldn't agree more. Not that I'm some sort of Blog expert, but I've been doing it since 2003 and my advice is to keep it real.

Somehow, someway, I get anywhere between 10-30 hits a day. I have changed things up from time to time to try to appeal to people more. Then I read back on those posts and I they look like they were written by someone else.

AND--you are in it for the right reason--yourself. I too, write mine more for myself than anyone else. It's cool to look back and see what I was doing a week ago, a month ago or a year ago.

Keep it true to yourself and you'll be fine.

Are we ever gonna hook up for a ride?? LOL ;-)