Sunday, January 3, 2010

Road RR: 4S Ranch to RSF

I did my second road ride today. After finally getting my new Crank Brothers Quattro SL pedals from Bonktown and an 8mm allen wrench from my dad to install them, the new bike was ready to go.

I did a slightly longer loop than the one I had done the week before and was surprised at how much better I felt. I'm still adjusting to the shifting and braking that is unique to the road bike, but I'm feeling much more in control and stable than I did on my first ride.

While riding through Rancho Santa Fe, I spotted an American Express Gold Card sitting face up in the bike lane. I stopped and picked it up, and it looked like I hadn't been there long. I cut it up when I got home, and couldn't help but laugh about finding a Gold card laying in the road in one of the county's most prestigious neighborhoods.

This route made for a decent local loop, with enough distance and climbing to feel like I got an actual ride in, but quick enough to bang out in just over an hour.

Stats and map here: Garmin Connect - Activity Details for 4S Ranch to RSF Road Ride

No comments: