Thursday, January 7, 2010

LPQ Night Ride

My first MTB ride of the new year ended up being an LPQ night ride. Original plans on DT scheduled the ride to start at 7PM, but that was a little late for both Mark and me, so we made plans on the side to start a little earlier and get in some time before meeting up with the rest of the group at 7.

I arrived at the trailhead woefully under prepared because I got out of work late, but after 15 minutes of lubing my rusted chain and pumping up my nearly flat tires, I eventually was good to go. (As an aside, I used my new Thule T2 rack for the first time, and loved how convenient it was getting the bike on and off.)

Mark and I put in an hour of fun riding and then met up with the rest of the group. It was great to see Evan, Joaquin, Mike, Jacek, and Dennis again after not doing a DT ride for a while. Mark and I rode with them for another hour and then headed back to the cars. Before splitting up I did have a mishap where my bar end caught a low hanging branch, spilling me into some trailside bushes. No harm done though.

I didn't take any pictures because it was a night ride, but that's something I'll remedy in the future. All in all it was just a easy ride over some fun trails with great company, which always makes for a fun time.

Total Distance: 10.40 miles
Total Time: 1:52:54
Ascent: 703 feet
Average Speed: 5.5 mph
Top Speed: 22.7 mph
Bike: Intense Spider XVP

No comments: