Thursday, February 4, 2010

South and North Hodges Night Ride

Tonight was a fairly basic Hodges ride, starting from the Poblado trailhead. My goal list involved doing more night riding this year, so I figured I'd better get started.

I did a little of the South side singletrack, crossed the new pedestrian/bike bridge, and rode the North side trails over to the docks. My plan was to go all the way to Hernandez Hideaway, but I realized mid-ride that I had not locked my truck and had left my laptop and all other worldly possessions inside.

That realization made for a ride back to the trailhead at race pace, and I arrived to find everything in place. What a blessing in the face of my stupidity.

It was a fun quick spin, and I hope to do this type of impromptu ride more often. Maybe next time I can rustle up some company.

Total Distance: 10.83miles
Total Time: 1:02:18
Ascent: 971 feet
Average Speed: 10.4 mph
Top Speed: 21.1 mph
Bike: Intense Spider XVP
Garmin Connect - Activity Details for Untitled

No comments: